Become a Lung Health Foundation Volunteer
For volunteer opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
What will I do as a volunteer with the Lung Health Foundation?
- Help organize or volunteer at a special event
- Organizing and/or facilitating patient support groups in your neighbourhood
- Provide leadership to help us achieve our goals – as a Board, Council or Committee member
- Help out with administrative tasks – at home, with one of our regional offices, or at our Provincial Office
- Raise awareness of our programs and services – by staffing displays at health fairs, volunteering at expos, giving presentations to community groups, distributing educational material, etc.
- Help us raise funds to support lung health education and medical research
I am a high school student. Can I volunteer and get the credits I need for graduation?
- Absolutely! You must be at least 14 years old and your parent or guardian must sign a waiver form on your behalf.
Is there a screening process for volunteers?
- Once you fill out the volunteer inquiry form, you may be interviewed, have your references checked, and/or be asked to provide a qualification check (such as a driver’s license or criminal record check). The purpose of the screening process is to allow us to get to know you better, and to ensure you are matched to a position that is suited to your skills and interests.
How much time do I have to commit?
- Any contribution you make is greatly appreciated, whether it is a few hours, days, or months.
How do I get the most out of being part of the team?
- Challenge yourself. Don’t be afraid to develop new skills or try new activities.
- Stay informed. Explore our website, check out new volunteer postings, become a part of our social media community, and sign-up for our e-newsletters to learn even more about us.