Passionate about health promotion and want to make a difference?
Join the Lung Health Foundation’s Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) for an incredible leadership opportunity! Help us create an online multifaceted program that will help youth quit smoking tobacco and vaping e-cigarettes. Share your experiences and feedback.
- Support the project by providing collaborative feedback on the development, design and delivery of an online smoking and vaping cessation program for youth (14-19) that are interested in quitting.
- Dedicate approximately 1─3 hours biweekly to the committee through virtual meetings and independent tasks.
- Support with marketing, promotion and outreach through social media channels or at events.
What’s In It For You?
- Build skills, learn from your peers and have fun!
- Gift card incentives
- Volunteer hours and reference letter(s) available upon request
- A chance to work and network with young people from all over Ontario
Who Are We Looking For?
- Youth 14-19 years old and living in Ontario
- Enjoy working with others
- Currently smoke tobacco or vape e-cigarettes
- Are interested in quitting or have experience quitting tobacco or e-cigarettes
- *Bilingualism is considered an asset (English & French) but is not a requirement
Tell Us Your Story
We want to hear from real youth, in real-settings, sharing their real stories about quitting.
- We know quitting isn’t easy. Your story can help inspire other young people not to give up when they’re trying to quit.
- Record a video or share a written testimonial about your experience quitting smoking tobacco and/or vaping e-cigarettes for a chance to be featured in our new quit smoking and vaping app and website. To thank you for your time, an incentive will be provided.
Criteria For Testimonials
- Share key details of your journey to quit. Testimonials can include anything from advice, experiences, challenges or tools and tips. Whatever worked for you!
- Share how you feel now that you’ve quit. How is your health? Your outlook on life? What have you learned?
For Video Testimonials:
- Length: between 30 seconds to 5 minutes
- Recorded in English or French (or both)
For Written Testimonials:
- Catchy one or two-liners (similar to a tweet) or a descriptive paragraph to motivate others
- Written in English or French (or both)
To Submit:Send your testimonial to Sharon Curtis at email@example.com.
By sending us a testimonial you consent to share your video/written testimonial with the Lung Health Foundation on any of our web, app and social media platforms. If you would like to remain anonymous please indicate it on your submission.