Have Questions about Flu Vaccination? We've Got Answers!
In the last year, we all learned a lot about vaccines. We know more than ever about the importance of vaccination to protect ourselves, our families and our communities.
Measures to protect us from COVID-19, like social distancing and wearing masks, kept flu infections low last year. Things have changed. As we gradually return to normal, the risk increases. For vulnerable Canadians, like those with chronic conditions such as asthma and COPD, the threat can be deadly.
But we get it! There are still a lot of concerns and questions when it comes to flu vaccination. That’s why we’re here to help you sort through the confusion. Watch the replay of our flu vaccination Instagram Live!
Lung Health Foundation’s Certified Respiratory Educators, Diane, RRT, CRE, CTE and Chris, RRT, CRE, answered your questions about flu vaccination.
Our CRE’s answered your questions about:
- Flu symptoms vs. COVID-19 symptoms
- How to know if you’re at high risk for getting the flu
- Why you should get both a flu vaccine and a COVID-19 vaccine
- If I get the flu shot, should I also get the pneumonia vaccine?
- Isn’t the pneumonia vaccine the same as the COVID-19 vaccine?
- When to speak to your healthcare provider
Need more help?
Our Certified Respiratory Educators offer free information and guidance on a variety of lung health concerns including breathing conditions, immunization and vaccination, and smoking cessation counselling.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.